New Jersey Motorcycle Accidents Attorneys
Riding a motorcycle is an exhilarating experience; there is nothing like being out on the open road with the wind in your face. Unfortunately, this freedom comes at a cost. With little to protect them in the event of an impact with another vehicle, motorcyclists are 35 times more likely to die in a traffic collision than the occupants of a passenger vehicle. Survivors of motorcycle accidents are often left with serious, debilitating injuries. The attorneys at De Frank, McCluskey & Kopp, LLC, help New Jersey motorcycle accident victims and their families recover maximum compensation for their medical expenses, pain and suffering and other legal damages when they are harmed by the negligence of another driver on the road.
Tips for Safe Riding
Many people have an image of motorcycle riders as reckless or aggressive, and it can be tempting to want to blame a motorcycle accident on the rider. While you may not always be able to avoid an accident caused by a careless motorist, following the riding tips below can help prevent accidents and ensure that you are not unfairly blamed in the event a crash does happen:
- Obey all applicable traffic laws
- Ride according to current weather, traffic and road conditions
- Ride defensively
- Signal all lane changes and turns
- Maintain your bike in good working order
- Keep your headlights on even during daylight hours
- Dress for visibility and safety
- Ride in the center of the lane
- Keep a safe distance between your bike and the cars ahead of you
If You’ve Been in a Motorcycle Accident…
The following tips can help protect your ability to obtain compensation from the negligent driver after your motorcycle accident:
- If you speak to any witnesses at the scene, try to get their names and contact information.
- If you are able, take pictures of the scene of the accident, including the damage to your bike and the other vehicle.
- If you are unable to speak with the police at the scene, obtain a copy of the accident report as soon as you are able to make sure it is accurate. Your attorney can help you with this.
- Do not make any repairs or modifications to your bike without checking with your lawyer first. Do not let it get into the hands of a mechanic, the manufacturer or any third party who might alter it in any way.
Call an Experienced Injury Attorney for Help with Your New Jersey Motorcycle Accident
If you or a loved one have been injured in a motorcycle accident, contact an experienced personal injury lawyer who understands NJ motorcycle laws and knows how to get you the compensation you need and deserve. In Wayne and surrounding areas, contact De Frank, McCluskey & Kopp for a free consultation with an experienced New Jersey motorcycle accident attorney.