Peter J. De Frank
Peter J. De Frank is originally from Essex County, raised in Nutley, New Jersey. Since beginning his practice in 2008, Peter has worked and assisted on some of the largest civil verdicts/settlements in New Jersey, totaling over $30 million in verdicts & settlements. These cases include:
- Slip and Fall Accident • $10 million
- Construction Site Accident Resulting in Death • $9 million
- Motor Vehicle Accident • $7 million
- Trucking Accident • $4.5 million
- Pedestrian Struck by Vehicle • $1.05 million
- Hunting Accident • $1 million
Currently, Peter is recognized as a “Rising Star” in New Jersey Super Lawyer’s Magazine, being selected in 2013, 2014, & 2015. In 2011 Peter became one of the youngest members of the very prestigious “Million Dollar Advocates Forum” after settling a pedestrian/motor vehicle accident case for $1,050,000.
Peter’s most recent verdict was in the amount of $250,000 for a young man with a lower back injury. The offer to settle from the insurance company prior to trial was $5,000.
He graduated, cum laude, from the University of Jacksonville, Florida on a rowing scholarship and received the award for Outstanding Student Athlete of the Year in 2004. Peter also graduated with a 4.0 G.P.A. in his major of Finance and was recognized on the National “Dean’s List.”
Peter graduated, cum laude, from Quinnipiac University School of Law. While in law school, he competed for the Moot Court Honor’s Society receiving “Top Ten” Orator Honors in National Competitions. He was also selected for a federal court externship position with the chambers of the Honorable Magistrate William I. Garfinkel in the District Court of Connecticut during his second year.
After law school and prior to beginning his practice, Peter clerked for the Honorable Garry J. Furnari of the Superior Court of New Jersey in Essex County and is proud to be admitted to practice law in New Jersey, New York, and Connecticut.
Memberships & Associations
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- New Jersey Association for Justice
- Bar Admissions: New Jersey, 12/2007; New York, 9/2009. Connecticut, 1/2009
Awards, Recognitions & Speaking Engagements
- New Jersey Super Lawyers “Rising Star”: 2013, 2014, 2015;
- Top 100 National Trial Lawyer: 2014;
- National Who’s Who: 2014;
- Who’s Who Award (National Deans List) National Dean’s List 2004;
- New Jersey Association for Justice Boardwalk Seminar (2014): Speaker “Getting the Train on the Tracks.”
Quinnipiac University School of Law, Hamden, CT May, 2007
- Juris Doctor, cum laude – 3.2 G.P.A.; Class Rank – Top 31%
- Moot Court Honors Society; Top-10 Oralist, Gabrielli National Moot Court Competition
Jacksonville University, Jacksonville, FL May, 2004
- Bachelor of Science in Finance, cum laude – 3.63 G.P.A.
- 4.0 G.P.A. in Finance Courses
- 2004 Outstanding Student-Athlete of the Year